10.14.2005

Video iPod

You probably have seen the commercial to Apple's new video iPod. Though I still have the "phased-out" mini in my posession, I'm already drooling over this new gizmo. According to Apple, this device supports up to 150 hours of video and will allow you to download TV shows through iTunes for $1.99 per episode. I only use iTunes to download podcasts, though I sometimes use iPodder Lemon. Where I get my songs is a totally different story.

I heard the new video iPod will not support DivX, however I believe it won't take long for the hacker community to come up with a hack for this. Just look what happened to PSP. Speaking of video, I believe IPTV is a sleeping giant that will soon wake up and put to sleep cable and dish network providers. Microsoft and a handful of companies are already making plans to get the ball rolling on this one.

One last note - I think I know what I want for Christmas this year. (hint, hint!)