10.27.2005

Don't Stop Believin'... Cubs

Just finished watching the White Sox clinch their first World Series title since 1917 about two hours ago and all I can say is thank God it didn't last 14 innings. As you may well know, the third game of the 2005 W/S lasted for more than 5 hours and went into the record book as the longest game ever played in a W/S. Believe it or not, my wife and I stayed until the end of that grueling and exhausting game. It was all worth it when the Sox won the game.

I'm not a White Sox fan and I didn't jump into the Sox bandwagon just because they're the most popular team in the present time. I'm still swearing my allegiance to the Cubs. Yes, you read it correctly, to the Cubs. People say that they reek, but I don't really care. The team is improving bit by bit and I think that a W/S title for the Cubs is just right around the corner. If not, we Cubs fans can always say, "There's always next year."


Good night and good morning.

No comments: