6.17.2006

Happy Father's Day

Kudos to all the dads out there. You know our day is coming up. Someone has said that the dad is the "person in the background". For example, the bride gets the most attention during the wedding. In the delivery room, the mom gets the most attention as well, (of course since she did all the hard work).
My perspective is that it's should stay that way. After seeing my wife give birth to our son, I believe that a woman has more tolerance to pain than a man and that she's much more willing to suffer all for the sake of love. In addition, the time she spends cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids is sufficient to bestow upon her a lifetime of complement and gratitude.
I'm not demoting the role of a father, honestly I believe that the father should always remain the head of the household in contrary to Hollywood's portrayal of a dad, which is very demeaning and pathetic.
Great men do not seek credit and attention. They do their job honestly and with passion and they say in the end, "Just doin' my job, maam!" Happy Father's Day.

Father and Son on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

No comments: